Saturday, June 21, 2008

Meme slapped

This one’s been going around for a while, and at last it’s come to me, all other bloggers having been exhausted. I’m flattered anyone remembered I’m still here! Thoughtful old Good Dog has roused me from my stupor, and instructed me to list 7 songs that have had me foot tapping, eyebrow raising and wig flipping recently. This is harder than it seems, because my iPod is on permanent shuffle and I have no idea what I’m listening to half the time, but I’ll play. 

Arcade Fire - The Well and the Lighthouse
from an album that gets better every time I listen to it.



Flight of the Conchords - Robots
binary solo! Great Flaming Lips pastiche, narrowly out-parodying Inner City Pressure, their fine homage to the seemingly beyond parody Pet Shop Boys.



Diamanda Galas - Autumn Leaves
Sadly untraceable on YouTube.

So listen to it instead

Tegan and Sara - Back in Your Head
one of my most listened to albums from last year, still getting regular play.



Jonathan Coulton - Still Alive
triumphant and legendary victory song from Portal. Visit Coulton’s web site for more free tunes.



Hazmat Modine - Lost Fox Train
hella harp.



World’s End Girlfriend - Birthday Resistance
another from 2007 still on the playlist. Crazy and original Japanese classical techno freakout. Again, too weird for YouTube.

Play it play it

3 comments:

  1. It LIVES!!!

    Didn't it feel good, logging on and writing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a bit of a buzz as I hit that "Submit Post" button.

    There may be more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wheeee!!!!

    More Lee...we need it!

    ReplyDelete