Saturday, December 15, 2007

Burned Vamp show comes to DVD

Those of you, ie everyone, who follow DMc’s blog, might also have been catching Blood Ties, the PI/Vampire show he worked on last year, that has been airing on Lifetime in the States, CityTV in Canada, and Living in the UK. It’s not the greatest show in the world (which, by the way, is back next month), but it is a fun chunk of supernatural action with a hot love triangle and mad goth wardrobe and so, I suppose, mission accomplished.

Lifetime split the season into two chunks, labelling the back half of the produced season one as season two. Who knows why these decisions get made; we can only watch from afar, shrug our shoulders and carry on.

Without Lifetime’s support, it doesn’t look as though Blood Ties will be getting a second (or third, depending on your point of view) season, and its final two episodes have been burnt off online. Streamed, no less. Yuck.

Of these last two eps, Denis says:

The script I wrote (that now won't show on TV in the US, I guess, what a drag) is one of my favorite pieces of writing I've ever done. A really cool story that was well-made and well cast. And Peter's season finale was a thing of beauty too.


Scarred overseas fans can take some solace, however, in the news that Contender Entertainment have announced the Region 2 DVD set of all 22 episodes, due to be released in January. No news on features, but here’s the pic:

2 comments:

  1. Blood Ties is fun but I've only seen the first few. I do look forward to the similarly themed Moonlight though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost ashamed to say it, but after a truly appalling premiere, Moonlight has become one of my week's guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete