Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Dexter: Season Two preview

Some of the old men of my tribe led me to a place where I could watch the first two episodes of Dexter’s second season, due to air in September.

I don’t want to spoil anything for anyone - which means, as Season One is currently airing in the UK, that there’s not much I can say at all.

I think it’s pretty safe to report though that Showtime’s serial killer thriller picks up five weeks after the events of season one’s finale, and I’m pleased to say is as dark and twisted as ever. Michael C Hall remains as compelling as he did throughout the first storyline, playing a monster with maybe more humanity than he’d admit to, retaining our sympathy even as he commits (or angsts about being unable to commit) atrocious deeds.

The main serial-killer storyline for the season looks like it’s going to hit very close to home for Debs and Dex, and Dexter’s relationship with Rita is primed to go to very strange places, as he makes a surprising admission to her in episode two.

Frankly, I’m really psyched for the rest of the season. Good times!

7 comments:

  1. They were indeed brilliant. Lots of lovely complications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait until September, so we can talk about it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched the first so far. That was a beautiful shot when the camera pulled back from the white-sand sea bed, and it wasn't all white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of you bastards, getting sneak peeks! I suppose you already know how the Harry Potter series ends as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had JK on the phone constantly these last few months, sobbing about how she can't believe it's over, wailing "have I done the right thing?"

    I keep telling her: "look, Rolly, sweetie, the original ending was crap. Everyone's going to love my amendments." But I guess only tommorow will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suggested an attack of space monkeys. She told me where to shove them. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been at the wrong end of that mouth before. JK Rowling's battle with tourette's is Bloomsbury's best kept secret. The original draft of The Deathly Hallows was 1800 pages.

    ReplyDelete