Thursday, February 01, 2007

January in review

The first month of 2007 / 2K7 / 2Bond ended with the triumphant expansion of The Light, It Hurts into a triple columned template. Maybe it’ll stay that way, maybe it won’t. Everything flows.

A brief update on January’s other successes as we lead into February:

• I last smoked on New Year’s Eve.
• I’ve moved house.
• A ski-trip has been arranged.
• I’m at the gym three times a week. If anyone’s interested I’m starting to look pretty good naked. I don’t exercise in the nude.
• My TV license has been renewed. The Pug taxed and MOT’d. There are no outstanding bills.
• Got the blog going again. More posts this month than the last three combined, although admittedly, there's been a lot of old bollocks. I'm hoping it will cohere eventually.
• I’ve started a new script. I can’t currently evaluate myself as a writer, as the only fitting adjective is “lazy.” If I finish this year with my four bottles of champagne, I will be proud to call myself “shite.” By the end of 2008 I will be merely bad, and as 2009 rolls on, I may start showing some promise. We’ll see.
• I’ve swapped my glasses for contact lenses. This is something I do occasionally. It’s always a strange experience to be able to feel one’s own face.

All in all, not a bad month. Lots done, though I still feel like I’ve forgotten something. I think that’s symptomatic of a general absent-mindedness, to be honest. I keep putting my trousers on backwards, and have become paranoid about locking myself out. At least I won’t keep losing my glasses any more, but I will forget to take my contacts out at bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a killer month! What a lot you got done! I'm impressed. And inspired. So now I'm gonna rip you off and write a post like yours. Imitation, flattery, you know the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever change, Lee. DOn't ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Sci-fi fan? Do you like Doctor Who? If so, check out my blog for all the latest Doctor Who series 3 rumours and speculation. Bang2write recommended you to me, I'm new to all this blogging malarkey! Please be nice and visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone's been a busy bee! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete