Monday, January 08, 2007

Ouch. Achoo. Ow

I’m blogging from my secret hideaway, as I have no phone or ADSL at home yet. Of all the dates I could have picked to move, Saturday had to be the one where it rained, and rained, and poured all day. So as well as having a new house, I now also have cancer (some of my friends say it’s just a cold, but I know the truth).

I still managed to get myself to the leisure centre for our anniversary 5-a-side game, which ended in an honourable eleven-all draw. After lifting boxes all day Saturday, and running around for an hour on Sunday, I’m crippled. I can’t move my arms or legs, so I leave it to you to figure out how I’m typing this.

7 comments:

  1. For the love of God, please say you're using your nose.

    Boy, you picked just the right day, huh?

    Spent the weekend stripping plaster off walls. Got out of best this morning and just tipped forward onto the floor. Crawled to the bathroom and then to the desk.

    This physical activity thing bloody hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's by dose.

    You never see adverts for Tunes on telly any more, do you? Or Mr Brain's faggots, with "no bone or gristle, guaranteed." Gristle-free offal products without must have fallen out of favour or something.

    Blue-tack's always good at getting rid of plaster, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh perleese!! I'll be the one to tell you when you have cancer... You're not qualified!

    Dr.David Cutter, MA MB BChir MRCP FRCR (nearly!)

    p.s. Look forward to seeing your new pad! Has it developed that special smell yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It smells of duck.

    Do I have a special smell?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed... You have have a special smell... The scent of innocence! Jean-Bapiste Grenouille had it wrong all along! He was looking in the wrong country! The wrong century!!

    Hmmm... Yes... Innocence...

    Or maybe.... Hedgehogs

    Yes, that's it! It's definately hedgehoggy...

    ReplyDelete