Sunday, December 10, 2006

The internet can read my mind

I’ve been trying to think of a word. It’s been driving me mad. It’s not a particularly obscure word, but for some reason it’s eluded me all day. I’ve broken out Roget’s. I’ve tried Googling around the definition. I’ve tried to remember in which book I came across it, and scanning the index. I’ve paged through old diaries trying to find it.

Five minutes ago, I surfed to dictionary.net, and beat my bollocks with bamboo if the word of the day - syncretic - is not the very one I’ve been straining to recall all day.

I must try and use this new power for good.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest using the Reverse Dictionary at www.onelook.com if you have that problem in the future, but I typed "the amalgamation or attempted amalgamation of different religions, cultures, or schools of thought" in and the results were... uh, interesting to say the very least. And syncretic wasn't on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the birth of a super hero

    was it from a bizarre strain of radiation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, just after I've decided to use my powers for evil.

    This means we're going to have to have some sort of face-off in the future. Possibly in space.

    Sure you won't change your mind?

    Together, we could rule the world!

    ReplyDelete