Thursday, March 16, 2006

It's Thomson, without a "p"

It goes on all the time; the minute you write your name on a web-site, you're done for. Someone will find you on Google eventually. I've had hits from people looking for "Lee Thomson," and "Chipping Norton," but I always assumed they were looking for the much better known Lee Thomson of Cheshire County Council, or seeking out a hotel room for a dirty Cotswold weekend. It's sort of thrown me for a paranoid loop to find in my stats that "Lee Thompson of Chipping Norton" is being typed into search engines, somewhere out there on the internet.

Apparently, I'm enough of a somebody to someone for them to search for me, but not so well aquainted that they know how to spell my name.

Who could it be? What sort of irreversible impression has this blog formed? Will I ever feel safe again?

Category: Meta

2 comments:

  1. At last I have tracked you down. Soon I will destroy you. Why? Because one day, many, many years ago, I offered you a crisp... and YOU TOOK TWO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU?!?! IT CAN'T BE - YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD. THEY SHOWED ME PHOTOS!!!

    ReplyDelete