Sunday, February 19, 2006

Software whore

Finally got hold of my beta copy of Montage, Mariner’s new screen-writing app developed especially for OSX.

Doesn’t seem too bad so far; pretty, although I’m sure there’s going to have to be a lot of work done before release. I’ll try and use it exclusively for the next two weeks and see how I get on.

I must be feeling uncharacteristically magnanimous right now - I’m also trying out MarsEdit and Camino at the moment, for blog editing and surfing, respectively. P’raps I’ll do a big write up in a few weeks.

Until then - much, much writing to do.

Category: Computing and Web

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info Lee. Looks pretty good on paper. Looking forward to giving it a test drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding that, it terms of usability, it's very well put together. Some of the features, particularly notes and outlining, still need a lot of work. Outlining seems very buggy at the moment, and changes made in the outlining section affect your whole document, so don't use it for anything critical at the moment.

    I think it's extremely promising, however, and the forums offer some interesting insights into how people work.

    ReplyDelete