Monday, December 19, 2005

Faultless hospitality

If any of you ever happen to be travelling through Chipping Norton, I recommend a quick stop off in The Blue Boar.

Tonight, the power went off within a two mile radius of Over Norton. Between 7.15 and 9.30pm thousands of homes and a lot of local farmland went without electricity. I went for a bit of a stroll through the streets, and very eerie it was too. I was nearly run over half a dozen times. I couldn’t help noticing the weight of cars parked outside our Masonic Lodge and wondering if they had anything to do with it.

Well, I found myself in the Blue, where the ever generous Mr Wilkes was treating his half a dozen customers to some wonderous free Stilton and delicious port. And not stinting on either. I’ve just arrived home, and having made myself a coffee, put the sugar in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard. I suspect I will have to clean my teeth three times before I get into bed.

I’m absolutely shit-faced and thought you’d all care for some reason.

God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment