Saturday, October 22, 2005

Blogger adds trackback (kinda)

This one went under my radar. Seems that Blogger have added a new service, kind of like trackback, except it works by checking their blogsearch engine for links to your posts.

Works well, at that.

I was using Haloscan’s trackback service before, but I actually prefer this, because even though it’s a bit of a hack, it’s more inclusive.

To set it up, go into your blog settings and opt to show backlinks in the comments tab.

Then hope that fellow bloggers will link to you, and not show you up as the Billy-no-mates you are.

Category: Meta

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how do I trackback to other blogs. Whenever I use a link from other blogs (Typepad and wordpress) it doesn't trackback to the original blog and when I use the trackback link I'm receiving XML error message.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete