Friday, July 22, 2005

Fat

When I got home from the Phone Co-op prison camp the other Sunday, it wasn't too much of a surprise to find that eating three hot meals a day can do nasty things to a man's waistline. I've had to throw several pairs of trousers away recently, and on my return from Stoke I was tipping the scales at 12 stone 7 (175 pounds, or half an American.*). This may not seem like much to most, but as I didn't see ten stone (140lb) until I was twenty-five, regardless of how epically I stuffed my face, I find it quite horrifying. So I'm fasting. And the results are encouraging. Eating one small meal at around 4pm every day, I've managed to lose roughly a pound a day, which isn't bad. I seem to have hit a wall now. Deprivation has its limits, it's going to take exertion to finish the job. Perhaps I should renew my gym membership. I've been a bit lax about it really, as it expired on June 6th.

Alright, June 6th 2004.


*sorry, cheap shot. The average weight for a white American male aged 30-39 (I'm 29, so near enough) is 179lb.

Category: Meatspace

No comments:

Post a Comment